Communitas works toward the successful reintegration of those who have spent time in prison.
Why It Matters
The right support after release improves lives, saves the public money, and reduces re-offending. Research shows it. We’ve seen it.
How We Work
We bridge the gap between prison and the community by bringing currently or formerly incarcerated individuals together with everyday citizens for supportive, accountable relationships.
How You Can Contribute
The community is behind all of our success. You can contribute by volunteering, donating, or telling others about our work.
In 2022-2023, as Covid restrictions eased, we contributed to safe, successful reintegration with:
- 416 formerly incarcerated persons attending weekly virtual and in-person Open Door meetings
- 39 Table Talk meetings with 457 people in attendance
- 52 on-line meetings welcoming Zoomers from across North America
- 60 “Circle” meetings for higher-needs individuals
- 100 different community volunteers supporting reintegration
- 800 copies of the Communitas Quarterly Newsletter(The Sou’Wester) distributed in the community and within prisons
Hear The Latest
Keep up to date with our work and the latest in reintegration by joining our mailing list! We won’t flood your inbox, but will occasionally send you important, interesting, and original content.