We brainstormed, we weeded, and finally, we voted. Communitas members were given $1500 to allocate to proposed projects in 2020-2021 and here are the winning projects. Thank you to everyone who participated at each stage of the process. Stayed tuned for more news about these projects.
- Host two budgeting workshops at Open Door ($150): the ACEF (Association coopérative d’économie familiale) will help us to evaluate our consumption choices, control debt, create healthy budgeting habits, and avoid traps of consumption.
- Prepare a token of appreciation for our host, Christ Church Cathedral ($400). They have hosted Open Door for free for years! We want ideas for a creative way to thank them.
- Host computer and tech workshops ($150): pay a techie to help members unravel the mysteries of computers, tablets and cellphones, navigate the web, use software and remain safe online
- Create a pick-up service ($200) for our members leaving prison and drive them to their destination
- Host a community BBQ for our members ($200)
- Host a day of creativity at The Art Hive ($150). They have all the art supplies that you can imagine.
- Hire a professional artist to lead an art project at Open Door ($200). This could be visual arts, performance art, theatrical arts, musical art or others.